Brent Miller has an international profile as a Timpanist, Percussionist and Educator. His extensive orchestral career has included performances with the Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Queensland, Singapore and New Zealand Symphony Orchestras, the Malaysian Philharmonic, Orchestra Ensemble Kanazawa, Auckland Philharmonia, Australian Romantic & Classical Orchestra, Orchestra Victoria, Victorian Opera, Queensland Pops, Camerata of St John’s, Philharmonia Australia and the YouTube Symphony Orchestra. As a chamber musician, Brent is a core member of Ensemble Q, Timpanist of Melbourne Chamber Orchestra and performs with Plexus.
Through his freelance engagements, Brent has had the privilege of performing alongside artists such as Kristin Chenoweth, Idina Menzel, Diana Krall, Armand Van Helden, Tim Minchin, Sinead O’Connor, Hilltop Hoods, Kate Ceberano, Lang Lang, The Wiggles, Ministry of Sound, Kate Miller-Heidke and Gurrumul Yunupingu.
As an educator, Brent is teaching faculty at the Queensland Conservatorium of Music, Griffith University, and an examiner for the Australian Music Examinations Board (AMEB). He is frequently in demand for private tutoring, masterclasses, school workshops and professional development sessions for teachers.
- Brent is available for lessons on all classical percussion instruments, including: Timpani, Marimba, Vibraphone, Xylophone, Glockenspiel, Snare Drum, Tambourine, Triangle, etc.
- Hobby player? School student? Aspiring Professional? All skill levels and ages are welcomed. Let me share my love and passion for percussion with you – experience the joy of percussion music-making today! I will help you achieve your goals in a supportive and fun environment.
- Quality assured – I pride myself on giving each student a solid technical foundation and tailor an individual program for each person.
- Trinity and AMEB syllabus teaching available.
- No lock-in commitments – have lessons at a frequency that suits you. We will work at a pace that suits your lifestyle.
- Do not let doubts or impairments hold you back – my past students have included those that are hearing impaired. Anything is possible!!
Return to School Page